Laser cutting/engraving

Billm0066

New User
Bill
Mark brings up a good point. It probably 10W output.
It’s 40 watt. They tested it during their live stream and it was actually 43+ Xtool doesn’t inflate their specs based on what I’ve seen. It cuts 3/4 so whatever it is I’m good with.

The cutter's laser module uses eight 5.5W lasers compressed to deliver a 40W beam, which can offer a comparable cutting efficiency to a CO2 machine. The xTool S1 can cut 18mm solid wood and promises to do so in a cleaner way than CO2 machines.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
It’s 40 watt. They tested it during their live stream and it was actually 43+ Xtool doesn’t inflate their specs based on what I’ve seen. It cuts 3/4 so whatever it is I’m good with.
<snip>
Sorry..I think we’re getting replies mixed up.

I was responding to Echd’s comment “When did they get so expensive? I paid $300 for a lasermaster 2 "20 watt" a few years back...”

I’ve been thinking about getting a hobby laser for years now so loving the first-hand experience.

PS. To Echd’s point about the trustworthiness of output optical power ratings: I think it’s great folks are actually trying to measure & report on the output power now.

-Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS