Kreg Precision Bandsaw fence

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
I have a Jet JWBS-14SFX bandsaw. I love it, but the fence leaves something to be desired. Besides some shortcoming inherent in the design, I'd like a bit more precision in lining up the fence for cuts.

The Kreg Precision Bandsaw Fence is attractive. That, with the micro-adjusting accessory, might be the ticket.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I have one I've been using for about two years on an old Delta 14" saw. When I bought it I was intrigued by the micro adjustment,
but in reality it just doesn't work as it's supposed to. It binds because of poor design.
I love the function of the fence and the ability to change to a low fence.

It's a great fence other than the micro adjust. If you get one don't bother with the mico adjust extra.

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
I have one I've been using for about two years on an old Delta 14" saw. When I bought it I was intrigued by the micro adjustment,
but in reality it just doesn't work as it's supposed to. It binds because of poor design.
I love the function of the fence and the ability to change to a low fence.

It's a great fence other than the micro adjust. If you get one don't bother with the mico adjust extra.

Wow. That kinda sucks. The micro-adjuster is kind of a thing for me. I want a fence with that kind of capability.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Chaz,
did you see this post from @creasman?

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
Tony is right about the Kreg microadjust. I bought one so I could use it on my router table. But it just a pain, and in actuality it provides a false sense of accuracy. I never use it and it is in a drawer somewhere. If you absolutely have to have one, I will sell you mine for a great price.

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
Not that I don't trust anyone here, but I had a call in to Kreg for a related question. They called back just now. I asked about the micro adjuster. Believe it or not, tech support at Kreg pretty much echos what Dave and Tony say about it.

How's that for support? Is this a great country, or what?

I guess the micro adjuster is out.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Update:
I kept studying about why the micro adjustment did not work as made or designed.
The adjuster stud did not line up with the fence thread hole.
After much tinkering I have mine working as I think it was intended.
I re-chased the treads in the fence and made sure to align the fence so the micro adj aligned with the fence threads.
After about half an hours work I'm well pleased with how it works now. :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors