Klingspor's Extravaganza 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
The Extravaganza 2016 is over. I for one, am still recovering (might be getting old).

I took some pictures and placed them in a gallery here:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=3010

If you missed it, you might think about attending next year. There was Jet, with the new Scroll Saw among the rest of the offerings. I bought boards scroll saw, box, and other small projects ready. There were tools, machines, demos.

And of course, NCWW was doing our thing!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
More Pictures image4.jpgimage2.jpg

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 162

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, hold on tight, you're about to fall on your head!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Thanks for posting these Berta.

The only pictures I took were of the Studley Tool Chest replica. I was really impressed with that.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, hold on tight, you're about to fall on your head!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Thanks for posting these Berta.

The only pictures I took were of the Studley Tool Chest replica. I was really impressed with that.
No, that is just showing range... When you work unplugged, like welding, you can even do it upside down! :eusa_thin

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Looks like a new high speed reciprocating hand planer.

Oh, I see now it's a saw, had to stand on my head, bet you didn't think I could get my feet that high.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Some good pics. I had a good time Sunday demonstrating the frame saw and talking to everyone, and yes I pulled the trigger on a lathe it was a good price and will add to some of the things I'm wanting to do.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes i do, I'm making this compromise so I can move forward with some projects I have in mind that will involve turning. :thumbs_up

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes i do, I'm making this compromise so I can move forward with some projects I have in mind that will involve turning. :thumbs_up
Well - you and Barry BETTER enter the contest this month!!! (Turning)

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
When it comes to turning I'm not worthy compared to some of what I have seen on this site. We have some folks who can turn some pretty stuff.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
When it comes to turning I'm not worthy compared to some of what I have seen on this site. We have some folks who can turn some pretty stuff.

Yes, but I am going to put one in too... so you should as well!!!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Well - you and Barry BETTER enter the contest this month!!! (Turning)

Well, I've not taken mine out of the box yet. I've got to fabricate a stand.

Ditto from me!! (Although I'm not anywhere near your ability, Richard:))

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, I've not taken mine out of the box yet. I've got to fabricate a stand.

It will sit on a table - that is where my Jet is... (Challange THROWN DOWN)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Maybe Ken will chime in here but the one I bought from Ken has a rolling stand which is very sturdy. It's nice to roll it out of the way when not in use

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The stand I made for the MIDI Lathe was from Rockler. I made three of them in different sizes for the Lathe, a Benchtop Planer and Benchtop Jointer. I still have the one for the planer but not the planer anymore. I've since upgraded all three pieces of equipment.

Here is a link to the cart pieces at Rockler:

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-customizable-shop-stand

http://www.rockler.com/18-x-36-adjustable-workbench-stand

You can buy these stands in various sizes or piece by piece. Legs and stretchers are sold separately to make any size you want. 18 x 36 is a good size for a lathe stand. I put a piece of 3/4" MDF on it for a top and bolted that lathe to the MDF. Actually, thinking back on it, I'm not sure if this one wasn't 12" wide by 24" long. Dirk can probably measure it.

I even cut a hole in the top under the turning area and attached one of these.

http://www.rockler.com/mini-gulp-dust-hood

The stand comes with leveling legs put I added these casters which happen to be on sale now. I use these castors for many other pieces of equipment - they work really well:

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-caster-set-for-steel-shop-stands-4-pack

In this case I added a lower shelf made of pegboard to let some of the sawdust fall through - it still got pretty messy.

I think you can see it in this picture pretty well.

DSC_0519_800x532_.jpg

Last edited:

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Berry don't feel bad, I haven't even pick mine up yet, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning in Winston. So with that said, Hank I'll enter something this month that will be useful and not a winner by any means, but useful and oh yeah round! :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS