Klingspor (Whiteside) Ultimate Flush Trim Bit or Infinity Tools Mega Flush Trim Bit?

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I am interested in buying a new flush trim bit and have narrowed my choices to either the Klingspor Ultimate or a set of Infinity Tools Mega.

Have any of you used either of these bits or which do you think is best? I realize that Whiteside bits are made in Hickory, NC, and Infinity bits are made in Italy, Taiwan and the USA. Which to buy?

Here is some Infinity Tools background: history.

Thanks.

Stan McCue

New User
Sam
I recently starting using a 1/2" diameter compression flush trim bit from Whiteside and can't recommend it highly enough (this one, I wanted the ultimate but my local store didn't have it). Night and day results compared to a two flute bit. I primarily use it for flush trimming round tops for tables after establishing the circle with the router and roughing it with the jigsaw. The bit produces a clean cut with the grain, against the grain, and on end grain all with the same ease. I imagine you would have the same, but likely better, results with the ultimate bit.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Looks like the Klingspor is solid carbide and the infiniti is brazed carbide. The Klingspor is only one size, what do you need? For me, I would go with the larger diameter infinity bit, much higher tip speeds, more like a shaper, especially with the anti kickback design

Last edited:

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Hi Barry,
I have the Infinity Mega set and am very pleased with it. I used it extensively on a recent Maloof style rocking chair which was trimming a lot of 2" walnut. I have never used the Klingspor bit so I can't make a direct comparison but am sure it is a good bit. Wish you were closer and you could come by and try it out.

Rob

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Thanks to all of you for your replies and describing your experiences with the two products. Although I very much prefer Klingspor/Whiteside router bits, in this instance the Infinity Mega set will serve me better in the long run.

Many thanks and regards,

Barry

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS