Klingspor (Whiteside) Ultimate Flush Trim Bit or Infinity Tools Mega Flush Trim Bit?

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I am interested in buying a new flush trim bit and have narrowed my choices to either the Klingspor Ultimate or a set of Infinity Tools Mega.

Have any of you used either of these bits or which do you think is best? I realize that Whiteside bits are made in Hickory, NC, and Infinity bits are made in Italy, Taiwan and the USA. Which to buy?

Here is some Infinity Tools background: history.

Thanks.

Stan McCue

New User
Sam
I recently starting using a 1/2" diameter compression flush trim bit from Whiteside and can't recommend it highly enough (this one, I wanted the ultimate but my local store didn't have it). Night and day results compared to a two flute bit. I primarily use it for flush trimming round tops for tables after establishing the circle with the router and roughing it with the jigsaw. The bit produces a clean cut with the grain, against the grain, and on end grain all with the same ease. I imagine you would have the same, but likely better, results with the ultimate bit.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Looks like the Klingspor is solid carbide and the infiniti is brazed carbide. The Klingspor is only one size, what do you need? For me, I would go with the larger diameter infinity bit, much higher tip speeds, more like a shaper, especially with the anti kickback design

Last edited:

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Hi Barry,
I have the Infinity Mega set and am very pleased with it. I used it extensively on a recent Maloof style rocking chair which was trimming a lot of 2" walnut. I have never used the Klingspor bit so I can't make a direct comparison but am sure it is a good bit. Wish you were closer and you could come by and try it out.

Rob

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Thanks to all of you for your replies and describing your experiences with the two products. Although I very much prefer Klingspor/Whiteside router bits, in this instance the Infinity Mega set will serve me better in the long run.

Many thanks and regards,

Barry

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors