Klingspor Festool demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Who is the genius that thought a wednesday from 10am-2pm was a good time to demo expensive powertools? I dont know about the rest of you, but I have a job I need go to during the days. Anyone else or am I the only unlucky one?

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I am retired so going is not a problem for me. My problem is can't afford those tools! Stay on the job!

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Good morning,

The genius behind excepting this unique opportunity was me! Sometimes as a distributor or "RETAILER" you take opportunities that are presented even when not "perfect". ONLY DATE PERIOD so I took it! Genius(absolutely not), grateful to have the opportunity - ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Hope to see you there.

Coleman

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Good morning,

The genius behind excepting this unique opportunity was me! Sometimes as a distributor or "RETAILER" you take opportunities that are presented even when not "perfect". ONLY DATE PERIOD so I took it! Genius(absolutely not), grateful to have the opportunity - ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Hope to see you there.

Coleman

:thumbs_up

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You know, there are literally thousands of opportunities that I can not take advantage of, I work, I have a family, I have bills to pay.

But there is no reason to insult people.

I'm happy that some folks can go to demonstrations, schools, museums, workshops, stores that are outside my geographic area, etc... on and on and on...

Maybe one of them will be nice enough to post some photos, video, a review, or even come to my shop and let me try out some new gizmo that they bought at a great local store.

That's why we are here and that's what brings people closer together.

Not insults.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, Since I'm retired now a weekday probably works better for me since it will be less crowded and less traffic. I just wish it was closer to me, but as the song says "You can't always get what you want..." Opportunities happen when they happen sometimes, hope some of you can make it during a long lunch or take a little time off to attend.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
You know, there are literally thousands of opportunities that I can not take advantage of, I work, I have a family, I have bills to pay.

But there is no reason to insult people.

I'm happy that some folks can go to demonstrations, schools, museums, workshops, stores that are outside my geographic area, etc... on and on and on...

Maybe one of them will be nice enough to post some photos, video, a review, or even come to my shop and let me try out some new gizmo that they bought at a great local store.

That's why we are here and that's what brings people closer together.

Not insults.

Im sorry if I came off as insulting, not my intent it was more frustration. This was directed towards Festool, not Klingspor. I see this sort of thing constantly and dont understand the marketing and Im talking about all sorts of things, not just woodworking equipment. Businesses that are only open during "working hours" or 8-5, M-F. It seems to me to reach more customers ( ones that work normal hours, which is the majority ) you need to market when these people are available. This isnt your fault Coleman, to me, its Festool's. I cant imagine a contractor or professional cabinet guy or trim carpenter taking time on a Wednesday to go see a festool demo. Maybe Im wrong. Id like to see what all the hoolaboo for festool is all about, but I guess no time soon.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am going to plan to get my days work done by 8 or 9 and head over to WS. Anybody from Raleigh/Durham want to ride along?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am going to plan to get my days work done by 8 or 9 and head over to WS. Anybody from Raleigh/Durham want to ride along?

I might - remind me again closer to the event. If I can make it, I'll ride along with you. Would enjoy the company and it would be good to learn some tips and tricks for using some of the tools I already have as well as seeing the new additions. Wish they had come out with the US Standard Scale tools before I bought all of the metric versions, but I've learned to do the conversions, which is also a good thing.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
As Ken says - planning for it - will secure the date as we get closer to the date!

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Did any of you NCWWR's make it to Festool Demo Day? Unfortunately for me, I was under the weather some so didn't mingle as much as I normally would. We had a great turnout and we really are glad that the Roadshow stopped in and did it's thing in our Winston location. Overall a great day!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/KWSWinston/

Coleman

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
I made it. I had some product questions and got to talk them over with one of the Festool reps. Great event. Good vibe. Thanks for organizing.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken and I made it from Raleigh. It was a good show, they had all the tools and enough experts to answer every question. The vac vise was very impressive, since I already just happen to have a vacuum system, this is on my short list.

Thanks for lunch

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I too had a great time there - got a question answered about my Domino that was giving me problems figuring out while watching a demo of its use. Klingspor provided lunch and I got a nice folding rule in english and metric for free from Festool. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. The traveling van Festool uses to set up the demos was very impressive. I think Phil might also have the battery operated track saw on his short list based on his interest in that. I could see that coming in real handy for the work he does. It was impressive - great dust collection with just the portable bag attached.

I was very tempted by the systainer full of work holding fixtures for the MFT Table (is that redundant?)

At least Coleman posted some pics in the facebook link he shared. In fact I'm in one of them. Back to the camera - blue shirt, blue hat.

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
A couple of photos of the event.

IMG_0834.jpgIMG_0829.jpg

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
dangit, I was there at 10:00 and didn't see them handing out the folding rules :(. I stuck around for about an hour.

I was hoping to get someone to demo the different heads of the HL850 but all they did was pull out the cutters and let me hold them.

The Domino XL looks like a beast but once you put it in place to cut it seemed very balanced. Discovered the TXS feels better than the CXS in my hand, especially if the universal chuck is removed, that really affected the balance of both. I really really want one of their hose wrappers but unfortunately its not something they sell yet.

I too had a great time there - got a question answered about my Domino that was giving me problems figuring out while watching a demo of its use. Klingspor provided lunch and I got a nice folding rule in english and metric for free from Festool. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. The traveling van Festool uses to set up the demos was very impressive. I think Phil might also have the battery operated track saw on his short list based on his interest in that. I could see that coming in real handy for the work he does. It was impressive - great dust collection with just the portable bag attached.

I was very tempted by the systainer full of work holding fixtures for the MFT Table (is that redundant?)

At least Coleman posted some pics in the facebook link he shared. In fact I'm in one of them. Back to the camera - blue shirt, blue hat.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Gotta add that the new drywall driver feels awesome in use. It makes you want to put up some drywall. Whole different feel than an electric drywall gun. Not what I went for but happened to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors