Klingspor demo signup sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
March 1st 9:00 - 3:00
What I hope is that we can have at least 2 people there for those hours. One to man the desk and answer questions about the site and one to actually turn the pens. Since we want to get as many people as possible involved, double discounts:icon_thum:eusa_danc, I thought we could do one hour shifts at each.

So here is the sign up sheet. Please only sign up if you are sure you can make it.

Desk:
9 -10 toolferone
10 - 11 Mike L
11 - 12 Doug Robinson
12 - 1 Roger (aka Sapwood)
1 - 2 DaveO (as needed)
2 - 3 sawduster
Demo
9 -10 Woodartz (Bob) Pen Turning
10 - 12 Bas Worksharp
12 - 1 DaveO
1 - 2 ?????
2 - 3 ?????
It is first come first serve. Please reply for time(s) you want and I will update the list.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Wow, this is disappointing.:slap::dontknow::help::wsad: :cry_smile

:bigcry:

Double Discounts!!
:neener:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Replied and edited above.
I'm looking forward to it. Hope to see many of y'all out there.
Dave:)

MikeL

New User
Michael
Are you letting just any old member man the desk? If so, then I can be there from 10-11.

I would volunteer to turn pens, but I seem to sand off more than I shave off. But I leave the pens on the lathe while I do it. :-D

T

toolferone

Mike and Doug you have been added. Looking foward to it.

Any more [STRIKE]suckers[/STRIKE] takers! Come on folks.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I reckon I'll give this pen turning thing a go... How hard can it be? :slap:
How about 9-ish for me?

MikeL

New User
Michael
Sounds good. I'll be sure to sport the official shirt. :icon_thum

Bob, looking forward to finally meeting you. See you all there.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Are you letting just any old member man the desk? If so, then I can be there from 10-11.

I would volunteer to turn pens, but I seem to sand off more than I shave off. But I leave the pens on the lathe while I do it. :-D

Yes, but we want the young one too...you're a perfet canidate

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I reckon I'll give this pen turning thing a go... How hard can it be? :slap:
How about 9-ish for me?

Oh good, someone with some talent :icon_thum:icon_thum
Bob, I look forward to seeing what you can teach me.

dozer

Mike
I can do a demon on how to make an expensive pile of lumber an expensive pile of saw dust :rotflm:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Oh good, someone with some talent :icon_thum:icon_thum
Bob, I look forward to seeing what you can teach me.

Dave, I need your elves to go to my house and finish my adirondack furniture while I'm turning pens :icon_bigg. Oh and I promise you, the only thing you'll learn from me is how to turn a pen despite a complete lack of sound technique :eusa_shhh. I've been known to use a hollowing tool and a 5 iron to turn a cigar pen
:rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've been known to use a hollowing tool and a 5 iron to turn a cigar pen

See, that is a technique I have never tried. What type of grind do you put on the 5 iron :eusa_thin:eusa_thin
I'm gonna learn some new wood bludgeoning methods :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Dave, I need your elves to go to my house and finish my adirondack furniture while I'm turning pens :icon_bigg. Oh and I promise you, the only thing you'll learn from me is how to turn a pen despite a complete lack of sound technique :eusa_shhh. I've been known to use a hollowing tool and a 5 iron to turn a cigar pen
I use an 80 grit gouge for mine

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Hey dave, you don't get a double discount for each slot you signed up for:rotflm:

Seriously, if you don't mind, just sign up for one slot, so we don't confuse anyone with what's open. Then on Friday night you & I can double up where needed. Thanks!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Add me to the list of "manning the desk".
Actually, I just edited myself in :wsmile:

Hope that's ok,
Roger

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Maybe I'll learn how from DaveO and "turn" out to be an idiot savant at it. Then I can man the lathe for an hour. :rotflm:

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS