Kitchen drawers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Here are some shots of the drawers that I made over the Christmas week. There are 11 drawers of different sizes, all made out of 1/2" cherry with 1/4" bottoms. The drawers have through dovetails and will soon be covered with walnut fronts. I went with undermount slides to leave the DT's exposed. The finish on the drawers is shellac topcoated with lacquer. I still need to make 4 large heavy duty drawers with 1/2" bottoms for the pots & pans under the cooktop and then I will be ready to do the doors and drawer front. Thanks for looking.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job Steve:icon_thum your DTs look great. I can't wait to see them with the drawer fronts mounted.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Great work! Are the DT's hand cut or did you use a jig? I really like those concealed slides.

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job Steve, the cherry really looks nice, good job on the DT's too.
Is this the unit we discussed the shaping of?? or was that somebody else entirely?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I cannot tell a lie, I used my hands (to cut them with a jig and router table).:lol: I bought the Stott's Jig kit and have to say it is excellent. You have to make the jigs yourself from his template and instructions but that was a piece of cake. They use standard whiteside bearing bits and I am very pleased with the results. David, I don't believe that we discussed these, that must have been another conversation.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
http://www.stots.com/ For the money, I think it's got to be the best value out there. You can make basic jigs, long jigs (blanket chest etc.) variable spacing (in 1" increments) etc. You have a master template so if a jig gets damaged, you simply make a new one.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Steve that looks pretty cool. I really like the idea of making my own jigs....shop projects for when a real project is not going on. I think I will look into getting the template master when the wood working budget allows it.:crybaby2:

M

McRabbet

Very nice work, Steve. That is going to be one heck of a beautiful kitchen when you're done. Rob

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Very nice, those are some great looking drawer boxes! I appreciate the tips and info because I have new kitchen cabinets looming on the horizon soon as I get the red oak kiln dried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors