Kitchen Cabinet Refacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
We are investigating refacing our kitchen cabinets. The present cabinets are original to this 55 year old house, and although very dated, are built in place and very sturdy and well done. Additionally, tearing these out would be messy, I would almost have to gut the room down to the studs, and I DON"T want to do that.

I gather from my web surfing that one orders the doors online, accompanied by matching (self-stick) veneer. I think I can do this....have built cabinets in my time, and have done a lot of other woodworking, but I worry a bit about getting the door measurements right, and whether the veneer application is relatively straight forward.

Has anyone here done a project like this? Any experience and recommendations including pitfalls, etc would be appreciated, as well as a good source for the doors and supplies...there are tons of them out there, so a testimonial from someone here would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for all your comments.
Ed

jerrye

New User
Jerry
We didn't do refacing of the cabinets from our 1966 vintage house, but we did repaint the cabinets and replaced the doors & drawer fronts with units we ordered from a cabinet shop near here. Originals were not finished wood; they were painted. Made a huge difference. Total cost was less than $600. HTH

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
In my opinion, the very best at this is Walzcraft. I have used their products and services many times over the past 25 years. They are the best of the best. Absolutely whatever you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS