Kitchen cabinet design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil I know you have, but the other point to be made here is the swing clearance and the margin around the door. The euro hinge has the tendency to throw the door toward the swing side as you pull it open, it's not much but it's enough to jamb the door. And yes they also take up a lot of room inside the cabinet.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I used Blum soft close euro hinges on the project shown below. They seem to have held their setting for the past 5+ years and were easy to adjust. They likely don't get as much use as a typical kitchen does though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7841.jpg
    IMG_7841.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_7857.jpg
    IMG_7857.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 158

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I didn't think to mention it in my previous post but my Kraft Made cabinets have overlay doors with soft close european hinges. They are about a year old and I haven not had to readjust anything - but overlay doors are not as sensitive as inset. Some of my clearances are fairly tight, however, and still not adjustments have been necessary. I have the same type hinge on our bathroom vanity doors and they are inset. Still no adjustments have been necessary. It was made in China so it is probably not the best brand hinges either.

Jeremy, that is a beautiful cabinet. Great figure in the wood and it looks to be very nicely put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS