Kid sized face shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
My son though he's only (2) is totally into everything I do. I'm not about to turn him loose turning, but I would feel more comfortable with him nearby if he had a face shield on. The one I just got from woodcraft is way too big to be practical. And the "toy" ones they sell I'm worried are more dangerous than nothing in case they shatter on impact.

Let me know.

Also if you have any ideas of projects toddlers can help with let me know. He did good with his timeout stool awhile back. I may do something else with the miller dowels. He likes to "whack" them with the hammer.

Come to think of hit hammering is rather therapuetic.

mburke911

New User
Mark
Phil,
I got a set of safety glasses for children at Woodcraft. They fit my son (who is 3) and he likes to wear them when we are doing "wood working".

As for some ideas... Here are some of the things I have done with my son:
Lowes does kid projects and gives out the kits if you can't stay. I made a balsa wood birdhouse (kit from lowes) with him that he had fun making, and he decorated it with markers afterwards.

I got him an 8oz hammer at Sears which is still a little big for him but definately better than others (although the "pocket Hammer" from Lee Valley works pretty well also). I set a peice of scrap on the ground and start good sized nails and let him have at it. He really gets into it.

For projects I have been working on some cutting boards as presents. I am planning on finishing with mineral oil. I am going to let him help with the oiling part so he feels like he was apart of the project.

Mark

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Phil

I'm not aware of one, but I bet you could make one! A little brim of a hat with elastic to hold it on his head. Then buy some of the face shield plastic, trim it to size, and attach ... sounds like a good project to me! :tinysmile_grin_t:

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Phil

I'm not aware of one, but I bet you could make one! A little brim of a hat with elastic to hold it on his head. Then buy some of the face shield plastic, trim it to size, and attach ... sounds like a good project to me! :tinysmile_grin_t:

that's a good idea. i could get one of the "toy" face shields and replace the shield with a trimed down real one.

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS