Just Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
to see if I can get a pic posted since methods of doing that changed a while back.

Here goes:
gametable-cherry.jpg

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Looks like you figured out the posting just fine! Great looking table!

That was from the gallery-------------so I guess if I want to post a pic on the forum I need to upload to the gallery first????

I have not tried posting a pic directly to the forum post from my computer.

Jerry

M

McRabbet

Jerry, you should have the pictures in your gallery. To post them, open a window for the thread and one to your gallery. From the gallery view, expand the thumbnail of the picture you want and scroll down to the insertion options under the pictures. Highlight the size you want (for single pictures, use the "Best Size") and click on the box contents to select it. Press CTRL-C to copy into the Windows buffer and return to the thread window and click where you want to insert the picture to set the position. Usually you need to click the Insert Image icon and a small window opens -- press CTRL-V to paste the buffer contents into the URL and press Enter (or click OK) and the picture is inserted. If you want to insert a thumbnail that expands, use the very last box under your picture and just copy/paste it into your thread without using the Insert Image Icon. Hope this helps.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That was from the gallery-------------so I guess if I want to post a pic on the forum I need to upload to the gallery first????

I have not tried posting a pic directly to the forum post from my computer.

Jerry

You're right Jerry. You need to upload your pictures to this site or another with photo hosting capabilities. Direct attachment from your computer are no longer allowed.
The way I do it, take your pictures, download them to your computer, do any editing needed, upload the desired pics to NCWw'er and then post them for everyones enjoyment.

Great looking table BTW!

Dave:)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's correct Jerry, it has to be in the gallery first.

You can not post a picture directly into a post without putting it in a gallery.

(a little extra explanation, ignore this if you only post pictures on NC wood worker)

You could use some other photohost (like photobucket.com) if you wanted to post the picture here and also on some other web site where you don't want those folks to follow you here. The picture posted in the gallery here says ncwoodworker in the URL.

4yanks

New User
Willie
Don't feel bad Jerry. I have troubles attaching pictures as well. I never have figured out how to do quotes right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS