Just a swingin' and Time is ticking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
This is a swing I made for my grandson. I bought a plan but didn't like it so I made my own. The wood is cypress.

A happy customer. :lol: :lol:

A couple of cherry clocks.

I have not made many small projects like this. The glue up is kind of tedious. There are 9 pieces of wood in each clock.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The swing looks inviting and meets the customer approval. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I like the clocks. May have to tackle one of those some day. It looks like glue-up would be pretty tedious for those clocks. Your patience paid off. The fit and finish really looks great. :)

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great work, I really like the swing, it looks very safe. Is it just hanging 2 6" x 6" posts and a top beam?
I really like the clocks too, is it your own design? The Cherry really glows :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice stuff Dolan. Clearly your grandson likes the swing and I like the clocks:icon_thum

Roger

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Great work, I really like the swing, it looks very safe. Is it just hanging 2 6" x 6" posts and a top beam?
I really like the clocks too, is it your own design? The Cherry really glows :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave, last summer my son set two post in the ground and then mounted a top beam for a adult size swing that he bought. He ran the top beam over the post leaving about 3 feet extra beyound the post. I hung the swing I made from one of these extensions. The other side has a hanging flower pot.

I downloaded the clock plan from the Internet.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The other side has a hanging flower pot.

I downloaded the clock plan from the Internet.

I am glad to hear that you have a counter balance in place for safety :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you recall your source for the plan I would appreciate it, I would like to try my hand at making some clocks...X-mas is coming soon :-D

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I am glad to hear that you have a counter balance in place for safety :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you recall your source for the plan I would appreciate it, I would like to try my hand at making some clocks...X-mas is coming soon :-D

Dave, I would email my copy to you but it has a copyright. But you can get it and many more at http://www.woodstore.net/clocks.html The plan I used is DP-00434. I got the clock inserts from Schlabaugh & Sons www.schsons.com Item # Kt 200915-S. They have a 20 page catalog of clock inserts, kits, wood, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS