Jointer/Planer combo

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
That was why I decided not to get one. On the one I was looking at In order to change between jointer and planner you have to lower the planner bed all the way to swing the dust shroud over which seems like a pain to me. It's probably not bad doing once in awhile but I tend to work in smaller batches rather than mill up everything I need at once so the machine didn't seem a good fit for how I work. Having said that if you are the kind of person who mills all their pieces at once in large batches it seems like a great option to get a larger capacity jointer in a smaller shop.
Klingspors is an authorized Rikon distributor, contact one of the stores and get a price check for that beast
This is not as big a deal as you think, and I do it all the time. I also like the optional dial gauge that lets you make repeatable cuts on the planer with different set ups. It is quite accurate on the Hammer. This machine (A341) has done everything I need.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
I have had the Jet JJP-12HH for quite a while. No big complaints. Changeover is easy and fast. My only dislike is the fence, as mentioned above. If you have the width against the fence, you can push hard enough against the fence to throw the 90 degree angle off. It’s not hard to figure out the right feed pressures and you won’t worry about it again.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS