jointer for sale

TBoomz

New User
Ron
still have that 30" Porter jointer for sale - I haven't done any work to it.
as previously stated it has babbitt bearings.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Reading in an old FIneWodworking on old tools, babbet is not that hard to deal with.
30 inch, must take a good 10 HP to run!

TBoomz

New User
Ron
Will make a 30" cut. Table is 34" wide w/rabbet ledge. Overall length is 84"? long. There are some poor photos of it posted [here] in July 2019. Better photos of it posted owwm.org in Aug? of that same yr. Mine is flat belt pulley drive.
I keep it covered under tons of stuff, [in tractor bay] so rain can't get to it. According to a catalog reprint [@ owwm.org] it weighs approx 2200 lbs. Originally came w/ 5 HP motor. Cylinder (safety) head is 5" dia.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
To whomever buys this, I'll buy your smaller hand-me-down! :cool:
that lil thing? I sold my 8" Delta to another member. I'm quite comfortable using my 12" Crescent. But if I had the gumption to restore the Porter, I'd do it. Even tho many say pouring babbitt is easy enuff, w/the kind of luck I have, had, trying to fix stuff - I've learned to NOT, try. I'll leave it to someone else.

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
It would only help your case to have some photos, some details about condition and a price listed.

Im not interested, but if I was I’d expect those things to be listed in the ad to save everybody a bit of time.

Good luck with the sale. Have you listed this at OWWM / Vintage Machinery?

TBoomz

New User
Ron
it was posted over at OWWM.org two years ago, with several photos of it. I had asked members on owwm about what I would need to do to restore the jointer, and so posted shots of it from several angles. A couple of members [privately] told me what I could price it at.
I thought I had photos of it here - on this site. But your statement implies otherwise. Will correct that,...just need a drier / sunnier day.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I posted the link to your old post above that includes all the information including pictures from the shop crawl. Thought that would help but seems like it’s getting overlooked.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
Do you still have this? @TBoomz
Yes,..... soon's it's dry and sunny will be taking some photos. Was last used in the late 1990's... Father bought it sometime around then; can't recall if from an individual or company,....
Jointer is over 100 years old....built to last.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
currently have all the tools i need...do still have jointer ..... the catalog reprint on owwm.org clearly shows my jointer

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS