Jointer Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Sounds interesting. What are you guys up to? I went to the linked site but did not see a plane-making shindig. I have been wanting to try out a Krenov style plane for a while!

sash plane

New User
steve
We are going to a class on Making Bench Plane's.....

In the class we will make a Wooden 28" Jointer With Walnut Tote and Strike button...Beech body, not sure on blade... I think Lee-valley single blade....????

This is a class through Bill Anderson.... but we will be a Roy's place in Pittsboro.... not sure if Roy will be there or not...????
I looked at the roster and found all but one of our class mates are member on here.... Bill A. even posts on here...

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Thanks for the emotional roller coaster ride, from "cool, a class on plane making!" to "dang, going to a wedding that weekend" back to "cool, another one in November!" to "dang, I'm IN a wedding that weekend."

So thanks for that. Is it ethical to talk my buddy out of getting married so I can take this class in November?

sash plane

New User
steve
So thanks for that. Is it ethical to talk my buddy out of getting married so I can take this class in November?

It is your duty...... to talk him out of it....:eusa_thin that way he cant blame you later when his new wife tell him that he cant buy that new 12" Jointer because she want to go to the spa for a week...:BangHead:

or....better yet....just tick your buddy's "wife to be" off...so she says you cant come to wedding....
then your free to sneak to class..... beside if buddy is a ww.... he'll understand.... you know...
1st day of hunting season....
Daytona 500 skybox tickets.....
Going fishing - when Strippers or up river...
20% sale at woodcraft... Sat only
etc....

tjgreen

New User
Tim
It is your duty...... to talk him out of it....:eusa_thin that way he cant blame you later when his new wife tell him that he cant buy that new 12" Jointer because she want to go to the spa for a week...:BangHead:

or....better yet....just tick your buddy's "wife to be" off...so she says you cant come to wedding....
then your free to sneak to class..... beside if buddy is a ww.... he'll understand.... you know...
1st day of hunting season....
Daytona 500 skybox tickets.....
Going fishing - when Strippers or up river...
20% sale at woodcraft... Sat only
etc....

He's not a ww, but it is his second time around - if the first time didn't convince him, I won't be able to. Guess I'll just have to try it myself, got a Hock iron for a Krenov plane around here somewhere. Or maybe Jim could do another meetup to make a plane (hint hint).

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I am happy to know that you guys are excited about this class! I have been dimensioning my beech and it is looking good! Don't forget to bring ear protection because the noise will be awesome when we start chiseling!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
He's not a ww, but it is his second time around - if the first time didn't convince him, I won't be able to.
Just find something else to make a legitimate excuse :) Personally, I would love to take the plane making class, but it's Quidditch season - you know how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS