Jigsaw Blade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skosc18

New User
Scott
I'm still working on completing my collection of woodworking tools and unfortunately a bandsaw is not in the budget for right now. Up to this point I've been having to use a jigsaw and clamp a fence to cut along. My question is what is a good blade to use? I've had a lot of problems with the blade bending and curling into the wood causing the thickness of the top of my board to be thicker than the bottom of my cut. I've experimented with a few different types of blades and the thicker/wider blades seem to be better about not bending as much, but they're not as manuverable when making cuts that follow a rounded problem. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how I can avoid this problem?

Nativespec

New User
David
I use the Bosch fine cut wood blades-I think they are 20 to 25 teeth per inch and they are very shallow and make good turns.

David

DavidF

New User
David
I'm still working on completing my collection of woodworking tools and unfortunately a bandsaw is not in the budget for right now. Up to this point I've been having to use a jigsaw and clamp a fence to cut along. My question is what is a good blade to use? I've had a lot of problems with the blade bending and curling into the wood causing the thickness of the top of my board to be thicker than the bottom of my cut. I've experimented with a few different types of blades and the thicker/wider blades seem to be better about not bending as much, but they're not as manuverable when making cuts that follow a rounded problem. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how I can avoid this problem?

i have never resolved the problem of the blade bending, especially in rip cuts. I have tried a few different blades and to a lessor or greater degree they all seem to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS