Jewelry box....finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
This is what I worked on over the long 4th of July weekend. I finished the finish yesterday night. It's Cherry with a Ambrosia Maple top panel. Felt bottomed drawers, and brass 5 mm barrel hinges. I finished it with blond shellac and then several coats of gloss spray lacquer with a final coat of semi-gloss to knock down the sheen.

Cherryjewelrybox011.jpg

Cherryjewelrybox010.jpg

Cherryjewelrybox012.jpg

I think that this may be as close to a "perfect" project as I've ever came. Only one noticable flaw :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Thanks for looking:-D

Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dave,

That looks awesome! Fantastic job but the whole 4th of July long weekend? You must be slipping. :lol: Normally you would knock out 3 or 4 projects like this and add another 400 posts.

Again, great job!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve D said:
Dave,

That looks awesome! Fantastic job but the whole 4th of July long weekend? You must be slipping. :lol: Normally you would knock out 3 or 4 projects like this and add another 400 posts.

Again, great job!
I don't know if you noticed, but Dave's posting rate is going down:lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tough crowd here :lol: , Steve(s) there are a lot of pieces to be cut and joined in that box. Plus I did it without many screw-up, maybe there is something to be said for going a little slower :eusa_thin My posting rate has been consistant at 11.8 on average per day, I'm still holding my own :lol: :lol:

Oh yea, I also painted the bedroom that weekend too :-D

Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

The box looks beautiful. I did manage to build a set of stairs and hang a couple of ceiling fans over the weekend, but if it were me building that box... it would take months... if I wanted it to look anywhere near that nice.

Ray

Monty

New User
Monty
That box is beautiful! If there is any flaw, it isn't as noticeable as you apparently think - it looks perfect. Hard to believe you were able to complete it and still keep the post count up.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Your finished box looks awesome Dave.:icon_thum I really like the round over you did where the lid and box meet. Very nice indeed.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Dave, you did a great job! :icon_thum The flaw may be noticeable to you but not anyone else.

Now confess, you have voice recognition software don't you? That way you can tell your computer what to type while you do other things. :lol:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Dave, I can't imagine anyone looking for any flaws in a box that beautiful. I really like the wood selection and the softened edges. The finish looks flawless. Great job!!

Chuck

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Dave,

I think you are really getting a knack for this woodworking thing. The box is just beautiful and I am sure your MIL is going to love it. Very nice proportions and wood selection. Seriously, very very nice.

Mike

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sweet, very sweet.

Is the drawer friction fit unguided?

BTW, I agree with Steve. Your posting count is down if you think about it. Normally, you run more than triple overall posts than everyone else. Now, it is getting down to just double.:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Travis Porter said:
Sweet, very sweet.

Is the drawer friction fit unguided?

BTW, I agree with Steve. Your posting count is down if you think about it. Normally, you run more than triple overall posts than everyone else. Now, it is getting down to just double.:)

Travis, the drawer runs on hard Maple runners in slots on the drawer sides.
I still post as much as always....y'all are just getting the hang of it and starting to catch up:lol: :lol:

Monty

New User
Monty
Travis Porter said:

Yea I think you're on to something there...

Total Posts: 36,379
Top Poster: DaveO (3,843)

Only 10.5% of the total posts on the forum... that's down from 11-12% previously.... :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS