Jet Bandsaw- need new tires

Claus

Claus
User
I just recently blew out a tire on my old blue Jet 14” Bandsaw (model JBS-14OS) and have some questions.

Do the tires need to be specific for this model? I know I have to buy a pair, should I replace both? Any suggestions as to what to get or what to avoid?

I’d appreciate any advice

thanks,

—Claus

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes replace both - if you are close - go to Klingspor with the model and they will help, if not call them up an order it direct to the house...
My old ones were not glued, but if your were, make sure you get that off the wheel, heat some water, let the tires sit in the water, and then clamp in one spot and work around the wheel, good to have a wedge to slip in and help as you get toward the final "push" to get them on. Numerous GOOD You Tube videos out there, worth a watch before you do it.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Replaced my old Jet 14 with tires from klingspor. No glue, no problem. Helps to clamp (lock) wheel and have three hands.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
+ 1 for Blue Max tires I got off of eBay. When you order it will ask for the size brand and model of your saw. Lots of good u-tube videos showing how to replace tires.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS