Jet Air Filter - Foam Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
So I have had the Jet air cleaner for quite a few months now and have been really happy with it (once I got a new board for the remote.. which Jet was super quick to get to me).

I decided it was time to clean both filters.. I hadn't taken out the inner filter before, and when I did I noticed that there were 4 Styrofoam blocks wrapped in plastic about 2x8x8 that were sandwiched between the motor and the sides of the enclosure, one which was directing in-front of the fan intake. hmm... Are these just for packing and should have been out from the start, or are they there to keep vibration down? After taking them out I noticed two things, the unit seems quieter and pulls more air through, but also on the middle speed setting it vibrates a lot. High speed and low speed are fine though, so it might just be something to do with it resting on it's side why it vibrates (temporary using it on it's side until I can hang it).

So these foam blocks? What do you think? Anyone else have this AFS-1000B?

ehpoole

Ethan
So these foam blocks? What do you think? Anyone else have this AFS-1000B?

This is one of those classic RTFM instances. :wink_smil One should always read the manual before powering on any new piece of equipment. For current equipment -- and many older pieces as well -- the manuals can be quickly downloaded from the manufacturer if for some reason your manual is missing.

Page 6 of the AFS-1000B manual clearly states:

"Remove all packing from inside of the unit by removing the outer filter and inner filters."
A review of the exploded parts diagram will also show that there are no internal blocks of foam incorporated into the air cleaner's design.

T

toolferone

Yup, when I worked at Woodcraft, I had a customer call me after he installed a JDS air cleaner and it was not working. I went out to his house, removed the filters and the very LARGE foam block wedged up against the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS