Jeff and his Marine threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve was my post appropriate?
Yes But I think I would have deleted the thread as soon as I saw it:elvis:. Not becuase I don't have sense of humor, but becuase even though all he wanted to do was jerk my chain:rotflm:, someone would have started it up again.:realmad:

If there is a question, you can always soft delete and restore if you have second thoughts. My $ .02

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I agree. Soft delete at the very least. Sometimes, when a topic is really close, it's difficult to let go. And as Dave noted in one of his posts, no good woodworking information is going to come of this kind of flame-bait.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Just want to add a point here. The inappropriateness of the threads has nothing to do with Marines. The post and links were political, focusing on very provocative issues.

IMO NCWWer is "the friendliest site on the web" because Steve established policies to maintain that well-earned reputation.

Roger Out :mrgreen:

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
My thoughts about deleteing a thread:

I help on S-seriesforum.com as a mod there. I have for years. we had people start referring to us as Nazi's because they say we abused our power. we didnt but some felt we did. I didnt want anything like that to happen here.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
I've been on forums where people cuss at each other on a regular basis. I agree with Roger - IMO NCWWer is "the friendliest site on the web" because Steve established policies to maintain that well-earned reputation. :icon_thum

Also, Jon, I think you and the rest of the moderators are doing a great job! :eusa_clap Abuse would have been kicking him from the site after the first infraction. I think it is good to see there is a willingness to work with people. At the same time, sometimes people need a :slap:.
It is a delicate balance, and I think you guys do a great job.

My 2 cents.
Will

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
My thoughts about deleteing a thread:

I help on S-seriesforum.com as a mod there. I have for years. we had people start referring to us as Nazi's because they say we abused our power. we didnt but some felt we did. I didnt want anything like that to happen here.
All of Jeff's Marine thread were blatant violations of policy. So removing them was appropriate. Some threads can handled by some simple editing. Removing a word, adding a smilie, etc. But the subject is against policy, deleting them is the right thing. As long as we soft delete at first, then we always have the option of restoring, if someone went too far.

As far as being accused od abuse of power, will the answer is simple. The moderators, senior moderators, etc are simply carrying out the policies, I established. I am the bad guy and if anyone says anything, be polite and point at me.:eusa_dancThat's my job:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS