I've never seen one of these

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
The crank looks like a later add, this has a groove that appears to be sized for leather round. That tells me this probably, was originally designed to be foot pedal driven like a sewing machine.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Vintage 1920's Delta hand cranked scroll saw.... It's awesome. Not sure how well it works but definitely cool.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Corporate Member
The crank looks like a later add, this has a groove that appears to be sized for leather round. That tells me this probably, was originally designed to be foot pedal driven like a sewing machine.
My wife's grandfather had a WWing shop and he had a treadle scroll saw, akin to a treadle sewing machine in operation, I believe. The pulley is a giveaway to this possibly being a convertible/conversion from such a unit.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Nope... Delta Specialty Tool Company hand crank saw.

20210101_112038.jpg

I've seen one before... Near Wilmington if I recall correctly. The seller wanted a lot of money for it.

My wife's grandfather had a WWing shop and he had a treadle scroll saw, akin to a treadle sewing machine in operation, I believe. The pulley is a giveaway to this possibly being a convertible/conversion from such a unit.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Actually the pulley was there for the option of attaching to a sewing machine base to add foot power. The handle was standard. Not for detailed work such as we see coming off the modern scroll saws.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
They sold an optional motor kit kit for it... not sure about the treadle idea. Either way it's not a conversion.

20210101_124429.jpg

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS