ISO Someone to Check Out and Clean Up an Old Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd Hall

New User
Floyd
Hi folks,

I just became the proud owner of a Darra James 95 12i table saw. I'm looking for someone who can check the motor over, attach a cord and make sure the whole thing is in good working order. It's a 2 hp Doerr, apparently wired for 230v. This is good because I just wired my shop for that and it's probably the first time ever I've been ahead of the game on anything.

Anyway, if anyone knows anyone in the greater Winston-Salem area who does this type of work, let me know. This motor could be the key to fixing several problems I have now.

Floyd

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
what type of motof is it? single or three phase? Is there a capacitor on it? I have rebuilt a number of motors and would be happy to take a look. Generally motors are not too difficult to work. Let me know if you want to get together.

Rick

Floyd Hall

New User
Floyd
what type of motof is it? single or three phase? Is there a capacitor on it? I have rebuilt a number of motors and would be happy to take a look. Generally motors are not too difficult to work. Let me know if you want to get together.

Rick

It's a single-phase 2 hp Doerr. The model number is MC 58, I believe. I don't know enough about these things to tell if it has a capacitor.

Anyway, I'm free this afternoon, but the next couple days I'll be pretty busy. I'm up in Pilot Mountain.

Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS