Is this thread out of hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
If it gets any other traffic that may flame the fires further, so to speak. I will close it down. I would expect that it has potential for sparking a reaction from "people not from around here". No insults intended....

Monty

New User
Monty
Whew -- boy did that thread set off a rant! :roll: Funny how people react, ain't it? I agree it's close to the edge... especially the "Floridiots" thing. I would propose editing that out and posting a warning. In fact, I'll go ahead and do that.

Monty

New User
Monty
Clay, you and I posted at the same time - I'll let your judgment stand (we already know mine stinks! ;) )

clowman

Clay Lowman
NP Monty.. I've never been big on editing things. Just yank/close. I have to think too much to edit...

MikeH

New User
Mike
In my experience, people need to know why a thread was closed and what to avoid doing in the future. Otherwise they will continue to post the same type of thoughts and/or question why and who closed "their" thread.

Just a post saying something like:

This thread was getting a little too political, so we closed it to keep the peace. Please try to refrain from political or confrontational statements in the future.

Will go a long way toward keeping everybody on track.

I'll do it right now. Thanks Mike.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Lucky me, I missed this one :roll:
I never ceased to be amazed how quickly a seemingly innocuous thread can degrade so quickly. Good catch Mike :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors