20220527_110346.jpg

Attachments

• 20220527_110346.jpg
    20220527_110346.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 91

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I'm no expert by a long shot but the annular rings seem too pronounced for cherry. The cherry I'm used to seeing is more homogenous when looking at the end grain. The bark looks a little coarse also.
The only pics I've got:

1     cherry - 1.jpg
1     cherry - 2.jpg

Wally

New User
Wally
This is from a power line easement clearing in our development. Many species, and tops that weren't chipped are scattered everywhere. Per property owner I can get what I want... some accessible, some not so much. Just don't know what's there, except for Ambrosia Maple.... that's pretty distinctive.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
It could be eastern hop-hornbeam, a very large specimen. We're there any flowers? Is the wood very hard to cut?

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
If the leaves in the second phot are correct, you might have elm. I have a bit of hop hornbeam and the wood is pretty light, like holly.

Last edited:

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Ah I thought we were looking at the leaves in the foreground of the picture, not the red oak leaves on the bottom right. Sure, red oak.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
That is 100% NOT cherry. Cherry bark is smoother, not rough like the picture and the cherry leaves are not serrated like the ones in the photo. This tree could be a red oak of some kind.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors