Is it time to replace my machines?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
The commercial one you are looking at was more than likely produced by Omega National Products, owned by Rev-A-Shelf. They definitely have this product down to a science. Their installation process makes this product easier for the installer and safer for the end user. What they lack is the ability to use other air handlers from the brand they are designed for without reinventing the wheel. Unfortunately I have run into to many jobs that the designer made the assumption that any air handler would fit those hood units. It always ends up costing someone money and time.
Oh, back to the main subject here you just need to bring in a CNC to your shop without replacing what you have.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Aligning all the kerfs is critical. Oddly enough, I saw one for sale on FB marketplace that appears to use 1/2" ply or maybe less with no Kerf cuts. It also uses the perimeter base trim to hide any sins on the bottom, this may be common practice.
That is the way they build them with two sheets of 1/4" MDF laminated over framing. Some paint them, some verneer them. That was either radius bending ply, or they used 1/4" ply laminated. My guess is it was veneered to hide the seam.

Most small shops without CNC do them that way, the box needs to be 4" wider to make space for the blower insert, compared to using 3/4" ply.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
What they lack is the ability to use other air handlers from the brand they are designed for without reinventing the wheel. Unfortunately I have run into to many jobs that the designer made the assumption that any air handler would fit those hood units. It always ends up costing someone money and time.
I had a guy working for me, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not teach him that there are two parts and he has to make sure part A and part B fits together. We have three hoods in the warehouse, where he got the customers to buy the internals from their appliance supplier and then he purchased the wood hood. They did not fit and guess who had to build new wood hoods made to fit what the customer supplied.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a guy working for me, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not teach him that there are two parts and he has to make sure part A and part B fits together. We have three hoods in the warehouse, where he got the customers to buy the internals from their appliance supplier and then he purchased the wood hood. They did not fit and guess who had to build new wood hoods made to fit what the customer supplied.
It’s unfortunate that some folks lack that ability to understand.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS