Irwin kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Years ago I bought a pair of those blue Irwin clamps with the little yellow swiveling pads.

The little pads come off. The little pads go missing.

I wrote Irwin asking about two replacement pads.

Today, FedEx arrived with two little packets of pads.

Apparently, they sell replacement pads - thought I've never seen them at Lowes or Home Depot.

They didn't tell me where to go (and get some), they just wrote and told me to expect them.

Just thought to praise the customer service.

Attachments

• irwin.bmp
    371.3 KB · Views: 162

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Well, thank you. Frankly, I did not think they were a retail item, hence my inquiry to IRWIN to find out how II could get a replacement. Coincidently, yesterday, the wife came in with a package that had been left on our door step at some point (by FedEx) and it contained IRWIN Tools Replacement Pads for QUICK-GRIP Handi-Clamps, 6-Pack (1826579). So, I now have 17 pads (six for the smaller clamps I do not own and 11 for the size clamps (2) I do own.

Yes, short one. My 'bad,' however. It turns out one must be very precise when installing these replacement pads. On my first try, the alignment must have been off and I destroyed one of the two little protrusions in the pad that holds it in place.

Given how long I've owned these (and the little use found for them over the years), my wife will surely be selling them with extra pads at the estate sale!

Last edited:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing Charles, I too didn't know that was a retail item. My clamp pads are showing their age, so now I know I can replace them, great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS