IRS Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
For any of you that have bought something on IRS auctions:

1) Is the $1 fee to check your background legitimate?
2) When you buy something how did you arrange to have it picked up and delivered to your place?

ck1999

Chris
User
I do not remember the $1 fee but is has been years set up with them. I have never had to have anything to be shipped to me, I always picked items up. However, I do know they use rigging companies to help pull larger items and these most likely will be the person you need to deal with on scheduling a shipment. You can call ahead and they will tell you who the riggers are so you can talk with them prior to buying, I would imagine.

Chris

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'm pretty sure the $1 fee is to process a charge card to see if you are indeed who you say you are. This keeps, say... me, from signing up as say... you, and then you getting a bill for the complete log conversion line I, er, I mean YOU, bid a bargain $375,000 for.

I also have never used a rigger, so I've never bought anything that I couldn't load by myself. Of course, "myself" includes a truck with a 2,200lb liftgate, a forklift, a pallet jack, around 16 dollies and furniture blankets and lots of nylon straps. I have seen others use riggers, but only for equipment that was low-boy flat-bed trailer-sized, so I'm not sure how others deal with smaller lots that they are not retrieving themselves.

K

manfre

New User
Manfre
The confusing thing to me about the $1 fee is that it is worded in such a way to imply that you need one credit card to register and pay the $1 fee, but must use a different credit card to actually bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS