IRS Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
A new auction has appeared for the David T. Smith Workshop in Ohio. There are several itmes you guys may be interested in, I'm going for three. If anyone wins anything there, I would be willing to split expenses to go get the goods.

DWSmith

New User
David
Here is what my google search came up with.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index.asp?pg=8&ind=&view=&today=&flash=0

Do you have to go pick this stuff up in person?:dontknow:

There are 5 different sales which end every half hour and there are several items which look very good and are interesting. If I win anything I plan to drive up to Morrow, OH, rent a U-Haul trailer and bring the goods back. Based on past experience, that will be less expensive than buying new.

Yes, I believe you have to pick up in person. Don't know if they will ship it for you.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Boy,there are several interesting items but the problem is that there is quite abit of time to go and the prices will probably go through the roof.The auction is in a populated area so your bidding against a sizeable aodience.Hope everybody gets what they want.You have to arrange your own transportation and will pay to have it rigged onto your vehicle.Your trailer can't have sides onit if I remember correctly.If your interested you better check the terms.
Greg

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
IRS does NOT ship! In some auctions, for larger equipment they also charge a loading fee. Be careful and read the rules of the auction! Good luck.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
There are 5 different sales which end every half hour and there are several items which look very good and are interesting. If I win anything I plan to drive up to Morrow, OH, rent a U-Haul trailer and bring the goods back. Based on past experience, that will be less expensive than buying new.

Yes, I believe you have to pick up in person. Don't know if they will ship it for you.

One way U-Haul will cost you an arm and a leg. DAMHIKIT Go to their web site and see for yourself. It will be far far cheaper to rent locally and pull it up and back.

DWSmith

New User
David
Since this is an auction, the prices can be watched and if it gets to high I will bow out as I have in the past. The prices will only go as high as someone is willing to pay.

The rigging rules are for those tools that require heavy equipment to get it out. I have personally carried out or rolled out items and loaded them myself. The only time I had to get a flatbed trailer was when I won some lumber two years ago.

As for a sizeable audience, this auction is published all over the country and in the past I have seen winning bidders from many miles away. If the price is right, a little traveling makes little difference.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Scott,
I agree with you to a point,at some point in the near future gas will get to a price that might make dragging a 1500-2000 lb trailer 500+ miles empty a painfull choice.I'm renting a trailer this weekend to move a couple of heavy woodworking tools and a oneway was at least $175 where as a two day rental with a local pickup and return is $37.The trailer is rated to carry 1800 lbs so at 1000 lbs itself I don't mind dragging it 400 miles to get a deal.

David, as far as the sizable audience ,what I meant was that it is close to the heaviest population so anybody who would just be drooling at an auction in the southeast will be hitting this one cause the ride is not so long.They do have some interesting goodies.I'm sure it will prove interesting at the end.

On the rigging charges ,if they decide that something cannot be moved safely with out a forklift you will use there riggers and there forklift and you will pay for that service.Most of the time it is around $100.
Greg

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I'd love to bid on some items and would gladly chip in on pickup, but I hate to win a bid and not be able to get it back here as I don't have the time to get back some fairly smaller items. It's a great auction, but a little to far for me with the unknowns.

Thanks for posting though :icon_thum.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Ok What the heck is a (Lot 51) Woodrite 4000 Wood Welder (2000)?

Surely it's not what it says it is - a wood welder or is it?

Jeff, it appears to be exactly that! :swoon: According to this the bond isn't water resistant so interior use only!!. :gar-Bi

It's news to me for sure.....

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS