Interlocking foam flooring Kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
I purchased some of that foam flooring about 6 or 8 months ago. You know the stuff that looks like a big puzzle.

Now for the rest of the story....

Well, Tuesday night after the TWA "Show and Tell" meeting, I was excited about going home and getting some of my projects complete, one of which requires some white paint. Well I ended up pulling a DaveO and ended up with most of it on my foam flooring. It pretty much covered two squares of the flooring and was splattered on all the rest. I ended up walking away because I figured it was on the flooring and I would just throw it away when it dried. Last night I went in the shop to toss the stuff out, as I was carrying it to the trash can I picked at some of the paint with my fingernail and holy cow it peeled right off. I ended up hosing it down and scrubbing it with a brush and 99 percent of it came right off. It didn't soak in the foam at all.

I got mine at Costco and will probably purchase more now that I know how well it holds up.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Good day.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Awesome! How well does it do with other common shop liquids - polyurethane, blood, glue?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sounds like DaveO needs to get him some of that!

Heck I need to cover my whole shop floor with it.
I have a few of those mats from various sources, HF, Woodcraft, a restaraunt supply house, and they are a great addition.
Word of advice, if you slop a lot of CA on one of them and then step on it, you will glue your foot to it, and it to the floor.....BTDT :eusa_doh:

Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Aw, shucks! I was hoping I could paint mine another color besides gray! :gar-La; I do know these pads don't like welding sparks & spatter! :no: They are closed cell foam so the spillage doesn't get into them. Don't know about oil based paints, though. They may 'melt' them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors