Interesting Desk

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Magnificent marquetry! The Roentgen's are probably the most revered cabinet makers of that period -- I've seen other examples of their work and they never cease to impress.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
These kinds of thigs are so fascinating.
But the shocking part about it is to think WHEN this was done the FREEKIN' 18th century!
How did they do it give the tools available to them at that time.

and now... we have IKEA! UGH!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
WOW! Just WOW!!! I am amazed beyond belief at all the beautiful artwork and superior craftsmanship involved. But I am confident there are those among our NCWW family that are capable of just such abilities to achieve the same level of craftsmanship/artistry, but I sure ain't one of them.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
WOW! Just WOW!!! I am amazed beyond belief at all the beautiful artwork and superior craftsmanship involved. But I am confident there are those among our NCWW family that are capable of just such abilities to achieve the same level of craftsmanship/artistry, but I sure ain't one of them.
NOT true - anyone who has seen your scroll work is in awe!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Gosh, gee, [blush] thanks Hank, but my work is repeated by many among us so in that class I am just one of many. Berta is another working hard to excel at the craft as are so many others, but I'm really flattered by your comments.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh yes, Berta, Scott and many other scrollers are very talented and likely some I am not thinking of.
When I see something like this desk it makes me think of Al Spicer: Login • Instagram

But everyone seems to have a specialty and I think that the variety of talent is what makes our interaction interesting and enjoyable when we get to see all these different things and talents.

Bruce (@sawman101) you mention the level of craftsmanship/artistry and while I can turn a piece of wood around a scroll blade, I would eve have the patience or skill to make a clock, let-alone a grandfather clock or any of the other works you have done! As for Berta or Scott, I can't imagine cutting out a silhouette that I would be happy selling or hanging on my wall!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS