Instant Table Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have been thinking about building a coffee table but keep changing my mind as to the style and shape. While I was driving back from the Florida Keys, I passed a cypress dealer and of course had to stop. As luck would have it, I was alone and got to spend over two hours there. Over four acres of mostly cypress and campor slabs and massive boards. Largest I saw was 3' x 12' x 3" thick heart cypress. I wound up getting two large pieces of campor crotch, a campor slab and a large cypress slab. I also picked up several campor turning blanks which should make nice bowls and plenty of practice pieces. The piece of cypress pictured is 3" thick and 58" accross at the widest point, and will possibly be my coffee table top. Since it is raining here, I haven't had the chance to unload the rest of the wood.

Attachments

• 2007 xmas 003.jpg
    2007 xmas 003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 192

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's too cool. I love natural edged tables. Nothing like letting the wood speak to you and design the piece for you.

Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
That is one amazing hunk of wood. I'm imagining that you had to trade in the house and two of the kids to buy that. I bet I'm speaking for the whole North Carolina Woodworker... [strike]we want to[/strike] we NEED to see photos of the finished product.

Ray

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Just think: After you cut it straight across the middle to get that straight edge for against the couch/sofa, then you have TWO coffee tables!!

Go

P.S. By the way, LOML wants a new coffee table...:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS