In need of resaw help near Durham

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
My friend and neighbor recently approached me to ask for help building a jewelry box for his wife for their first anniversary. Due to some foot-dragging on his part, we're now getting way closer to the deadline than I'd like to be, which brings me to my request.

He chose some 8/4 hard maple for the box, which we bought and now needs to be resawn into 3/4" (1/2" after milling) boards. I don't have a band saw and after doing a few boards, with my wife and I wrangling a 10-month old, the work required to resaw on my table saw is not going to be doable if we want to meet the deadline. We've done a few as time permits but there's no way we get it all done in time. Is there anyone near Durham with the capability to resaw some 9" wide boards to help us get this project moving?

helper

helper - woodsman
User
If it were longer (say 4' or so), I'd be happy to help - my bandsaw does not like short stuff. Oh... my bandsaw is a sawmill, I have resawn lots of stuff, all of which was longer. Sorry.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
No worries at all, thanks very much for considering.
I can resaw the wood. If you contact me about wanting to get it done soon use the PM method.

Dan

Attachments

• 1684504099223.png
    1684504099223.png
    327 KB · Views: 19

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors