Im New Here and I Made This

Pointfiveone.5

Dru
Senior User
Hello all!
New here to the community after a long period of having signed up but never really logged in.

Anyway -
I thought I'd introduce myself and my work. My name's Dru and I make custom furniture. I've been woodworking for about 9 yrs cumulatively but not consecutively and have been very happy to focus on WW exclusively for the last 6ish.

Here is the Noblesse Clothes Tree made to client's brief of needing a clothes tree and being unhappy with what she'd found on the market, wanting something round to fit a basket under and having lots of hooks to maximize hanging space. I decided to add in the glass shelf to further add usable surface space and went with some exposed brass joinery with the top shelf.
Client was more interested in spending on design and wanted to save on materials so this is done in red oak, but I have a mind to reproduce one for myself in walnut when the spare moment arises.

Happy to be here and hope you like what you see!

-Dru

Attachments

• DSC09335.jpg
    DSC09335.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 122
  • DSC09336.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC09320.jpg
    DSC09320.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 120

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum and sharing your work.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Dru. Let us know what part of the state you are in. Might help you to connect to others in your general area.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a group of folks that meet once a month at the Moose Cafe at the farmers market in Greensboro every third Tuesday around 11:30. If you get a chance come and join us. The food is ok but the company is better.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS