If you know what this is…

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Then you know what I just bought and why I got it cheap.
AA75D36A-29C0-4A72-9453-B9045BB2401E.jpeg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I wanted to be sure I could fix it before I said for sure…
My first drum sander, I wanted one since I started building things around 1991.
Never could afford the ones that came across my path. The previous owner is moving and had to give it up so I got a good price. Cost $9 to repair plus a day fiddling around. He had the gears but that was not the problem and I’m glad because the gears are not drilled for the pins. The bearings were worn and the drive belt on the height adjustment was out of time locking it up. Not perfectly smooth now but I can raise and lower and the drum is parallel within a few thou.

CCCCAFA1-57AE-4052-A6E9-2B7C6EC0A8D2.jpeg

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was going to guess printing press...anyway, congrats on the score

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Congrats ! Mike. One suggestion if you run into this problem

If the travel belt has problems with tracking correctly, take the idler side (the non driving side) and increase the camber with a flapper disc. Some of the Deltas have this issue (mine was one).

I jigged it up on the wood lathe spun it up around 500 rpm and did it by eye with a digital micrometer. It did the trick.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Congrats ! Mike. One suggestion if you run into this problem

If the travel belt has problems with tracking correctly, take the idler side (the non driving side) and increase the camber with a flapper disc. Some of the Deltas have this issue (mine was one).

I jigged it up on the wood lathe spun it up around 500 rpm and did it by eye with a digital micrometer. It did the trick.
It tracked well when I tested it. But that was without a board. I can tell it has been used but not abused. I hope this lift mechanism is the only problem.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I am going to experiment on a revised lift system using a screw jack, if it works I'll send you the plan and material list....... IF ... it works

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS