I sold it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Welll the crying is done:cry_smile. There is a large empty spot on the shop floor, where once a grand green monster used to hold her ground.
She will be missed:tinysmile_cry_t:.
Yup the 20" Grizzly Planer was taken to her new home yesterday morning.

The day before I spent almost an entire day on tuning the girl back up.
It amazed me why I had not done this sooner.:eusa_thin

It must be the ole, "I know how to operate a planer get out of my way and watch this", mentality:dontknow:.

In my defense, I had not had it long before the woodmaster came shining on, then all attention went to the WoodMaster. FOr the Woodmaster could do multiple tasks (18 1/2" planer/same size drum sander, molding machine, gang rip saw) without sacraficing accuracy or quaility.

I had run some board feet through the grizzly when I first got it. Everything seemed fine other than a feeding issue, that I waved off to the boards being rough cut and cupped:saw:.

I opened up the manual and went step by step through the step up and alighment sections.
It soon became very apparent to me that previous owner had no clue how out of tune this machine was. I mean it worked, but you had to manhandle and struggle with the boards to get it to start to planed through.
Lord knows, talk a bout a big difference. Just a smooth running beauty, .
This young fella will get years and years of service out of her.

Make a long story short.
This gentleman whom purchased the planer from me is very excited about his purchase and price.:eek:ccasion1
And I learned this lesson again over and over again. Quite acting like a no it all just cause you have a tiny bit of experience with some MACHINES.
READ THE OWNERS MANUAL, DUMMY:slap::slap:

brent innc

New User
Brent
DUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Owner's manual?????????????:eusa_thin

Is that what that paper booklet is called!!! I thought it was just filler :rotflm:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Congratulations on selling the planer Mac ! I always use the owners manual and constantly refer back to them, because if I don't I always end up getting in trouble with something:dontknow:.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
RTFM - Read The Fine Manual, at least that is the nice way to say. ;-)

Glad you were finally able to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS