I sinned today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Your time in purgatory has been shortened by decree! Everything is looking good.

It is Asian, as the veneer cores are Rubberwood, from spent latex trees.

Interesting fact. How do you know the ply was made in Asia and what the plys are made from? Just curious for future reference. I occasionally by ply at a BORG but I want to begin looking more closely at the labels and do a bit of detective work.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Your time in purgatory has been shortened by decree! Everything is looking good.

Interesting fact. How do you know the ply was made in Asia and what the plys are made from? Just curious for future reference. I occasionally by ply at a BORG but I want to begin looking more closely at the labels and do a bit of detective work.

I know what Rubberwood looks like and can identify it from sanding through the Birch layer onto the veneer core. Lowes also specifies it as Plantation Wood. Rubber tree plantations are today in South and Southeast Asia, are tapped for Latex and have a productive life up to 25 years old. A large amount of the furniture imported are made from Rubberwood and stained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS