I received a Festool demonstration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I believe that Woodcraft is have a contest online where the winner gets a full line of Festool tools and a trip for two to Las Vegas to learn how to use them. Go to www.woodcraft.com/fantasycamp. One entry per household. This will lower my chances but will make me happy if someone here wins.

Doug

Rescue U

New User
DOM
I dont recall who made the comment, however he said that " No matter how good or bad the tools are, the projects are only limited by the craftman's will and imagination". I bring this up, because although Festool products are nice, woodworkers have made great furniture and projects long before they came along, and Im am sure that they will continue to do so, without them aswell. Check out the various festool sites and info on different people having used the products to make amazing projects. If you can catch a glimpse of any of those shops, you will probablly see a tablesaw, dust collection, jointer, bandsaw and planer. Jerry Work's shop is a prime example. He has published many articles on Festool, but take a look at his shop photos, and you will see, that he still has all of the big boys, unless he has gotten rid of them recently. I have found myself, and it seems alot of guys from the Festool post that I have read, trying to find new and different ways to use the products to accomplish task that my other tools could do faster, and just as good. Once you get the Festool bug, this will happen to you! I dont know if it is because the system is just that good, or if I keep trying to justify my expenditure.:lol: Take a look at the Domino. Yes, I can take it to the piece to make joints, and yes I can use it to make cabinets, face frames and tons of floating mortises, however before I got it, I used pocket holes, and my router to make floating mortises and dadoes. It may not have been as fast, but it got the job done. David Marks of Wood Works, may have a Domino now, however on all of his shows, he uses his router or now Multi Router, which a jig can be made to duplicate. Sorry for being so long winded, but I am no longer so caught up in the Festool Hype, that I cant step back and give what I consider a realistic assessment. Once you get bitten by the Festool Bug, the only cure is buying it all!:)

Good Luck,
Dom

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS