I need use of a "BIG" bandsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocker

New User
John
I am starting on a new chair design and this one will require that I resaw a 14 inch lamination. Does anyone in the Raleigh area have a bandsaw big enough to handle this and be willing to let me use your saw? The resaw will be on a curve, just to make things interesting, so I'll need a narrow blade...say 3/8 to 1/2 max. I'd be happy to buy a blade for your saw in return for the use of your saw.
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks
John (Rocker)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You can use mine. I believe I have the blades to do it. I am in Northern Wake County near the Wake/Granville county line.

I have a 14" Delta with the height attachment.

And a MM with 24" resaw.

Rocker

New User
John
Travis,
This is great. Thank you. I'll let you know when I'm ready to resaw and then arrange a time that will be good for you. I'm looking forward to using the MM 24. I have a Rikon 18" and a Delta 14" with the riser block, but both of those have a 12" limit, which is good for the first two resaws I need for this chair, but inadequate for the 14" one.
I'm also looking forward to seeing your shop. I wasn't able to do the last shop crawl, so I missed that opportunity.
regards,
John (Rocker)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Travis, you're only allowed to gloat ONCE! :rolf:

("I have a 14" Delta"..."oh, yeah, and this here little MiniMax thing....." :slap:)

Oops. Forgot to mention we can flatten your board on my 400MM jointer.:eusa_danc

I converted to metric so the Europeans can understand. :wink_smil

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I have a 14" Delta with the height attachment.

And a MM with 24" resaw.

Good thing your signature had a lot of white space, almost missed that sneaky little gloat. I read 14" Delta 3 times to make sure I was reading it right and then noticed the AND :rotflm:

Last edited:

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Oops. Forgot to mention we can flatten your board on my 400MM jointer.:eusa_danc

I converted to metric so the Europeans can understand. :wink_smil

Well, to be correct the jointer is 406.4mm; plus most knives are are about 5 mm oversized. Soooo, actually you can probably gloat to have a 410mm jointer!

Cheers,
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS