I need some students on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We had a few that had to drop out so now we have a couple of openings in the handout dovetail class being held this Saturday Jan 21

Here is the initial post - Come and learn and enjoy

I will be hosting a class on how to create great fitting dovetail joints without a router.

Unless I am making twenty kitchen drawers, I always make my dovetail joints with a handsaw and chisel - and probably faster than fiddling with my router and jig.

Dan (Danmart77) will be teaching his pins first technique and I will be teaching tails first with a David Barron magnetic guide. All students will get to learn both and also get lots of practice. Both of us use Japanese saws.

Since this class is demo, help, practice, practice and more practice, we are holding this class to six students max. If more signup we can hold another class.

I use a David Barron guide and Gyokucho #372 rip cut dozuki saw. I have two sets for student use or you can bring yours. I also have the Veritas guide and saw, some like it better. We will also be using a marking gauge, coping saw and bevel edge chisels - I should have enough for everybody to use, but bring yours if you want.
Note: Sharp chisels are a must - mine already are, make sure yours are too.

Dan's requirements may vary - he will add his info

I will provide lunch and mid-afternoon snacks plus plenty of wood to practice on

Cost of the class is a $30 donation to NCWW

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Phil, I'm on call for work this weekend but I may just show up! Can't pass up your lunches!!!!! If I do make it, I'll make my donation!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm planning to be there to help out and get the free lunch :) again assuming you want me and my Moxon vise to show up. I'll try to bring some additional work holding devices and the sprayer for a future class as well.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm planning to be there to help out and get the free lunch :) again assuming you want me and my Moxon vise to show up. I'll try to bring some additional work holding devices and the sprayer for a future class as well.

hoping you can make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors