I need some answers, as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
When we decided on the changes for the Classified policy:

1. Why was Paypal the only choice we gave for paying for advertising refurbished tools?

2. Why do we not allow wood sales in the Classified ads? If that was due to selling for a profit and competing with paying vendors, couldn't the changes we made re: refurb'd equipment be applied to wood sales?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think if I remember correctly during the meeting Barbara said paypal was easier to see who was paying. We have not allowed wood sales in the classified for a long time.

M

McRabbet

Here was my answer to Cathy in response to her email to me with these questions.

If I recall our discussion, the use of our CC processing never came up – I have no problem using it. I still think wood selling is a different animal since it pertains to log runs and sales such as we’ve had at the picnic. I thinks that one deserves more discussion for people that repeat wood sales (I think our only real case was Bluthart, who was buying and reselling for a while.).

b4man

New User
Barbara
I haven't kept up with the classified policy redo. I don't recall discussing the use of our payment processor/services to enable the transaction between classified sellers and buyers. I hope we think that out well before we agree to accept that position.

cskipper

Cathy
Sorry, I duplicated the wood question in another thread. I think that the current modifications should allow at least some wood sales. This probably should exclude lumber runs, sales over X#BF (e.g. 50BF, 25 BF...). This way folks have a way to clean out space in their shops... Perhaps the wording in the policy needs to state that the classified ads are not there for the purpose of members running their businesses for free.
Cathy

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I haven't kept up with the classified policy redo. I don't recall discussing the use of our payment processor/services to enable the transaction between classified sellers and buyers. I hope we think that out well before we agree to accept that position.

The issue was not the transaction, but the fee to the site for selling refurbished tools. We don't act as money handler on the sale transactions themselves.

cskipper

Cathy

As Dennis pointed out, the discussion was only about collecting the fee for advertising refurbished tools advertised in the classified ads. We don't ever need to be in the business of brokering actual sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS