I need a cherry picker

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anybody in the RDU area have an engine puller I could borrow? I need to lift a heavy mill up on its stand
Thanks

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Phil, I have a 1 ton engine hoist you can borrow.
I just recently purchased it to assemble/move my lathe. Lol.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
You mean one of these...?

PXL_20211017_214342418.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Phil S if you are moving a table top milling machine, I used a hydraulic lift table (like this one from harbor freight - 500 lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart)
Because there was not a good place to "pick" the machine (no lift eyes and grabbing the head was not recommended.

It was easy to slide on and off the table, onto its stand!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Phil S if you are moving a table top milling machine, I used a hydraulic lift table (like this one from harbor freight - 500 lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart)
Because there was not a good place to "pick" the machine (no lift eyes and grabbing the head was not recommended.

It was easy to slide on and off the table, onto its stand!
It is more than a table top. The weight limit on the HF table cart is TOO low. This mill has builtin lift points - was nice of them to do this. thanks for the suggestion

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a two ton hoist that you can borrow, but Charlie's a lot closer to you. Also have several straps to attach to things.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is more than a table top. The weight limit on the HF table cart is TOO low. This mill has builtin lift points - was nice of them to do this. thanks for the suggestion
Now I want to see pictures of this beast! LOL

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The question is when are you going to move it and do you need a few extra hands? I guess that’s two questions.

mpeele

michael
User
What type of mill are you lifting. Engine hoist have limited lifting distance. I have a Bridge Port Series 1 I have moved using a engine hoist to move it in parts.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
An import that weighs just over 700 Only have to lift about 30 cm Piece of cake with the right tool

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS