I Know I've Seen One, But

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I can't find the style lock I'm looking for. Picture the handle/lock on a P/U cap. You twist the handle and there are two bars that extend into the sides and lock the door shut. I have seen this on a smaller scale with a key that you turn, as in a regular lock, for furniture. Basically, you turn the key and the bars extend into mortices on the sides of the opening, pull the key out and the door/panel/drawer is locked. Turn the key and the bars slide back towards center thus freeing the door/panel/drawer to open. I can find the 'rotating' bars where the bars rotate and have a hook at each end that goes around a little peg. This won't work for me. The application I have in mind has to have the sliding/extending bars that go into a mortice. Any good memories out there of where this might be found?

George

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Something that looks like this, George, but with just a simple, semi-flush key lock cylinder instead of the T-handle?
yhst-37697109791737_1944_193024928

gator

George
Corporate Member
Chris -

You described it to a "T". Needs to look nice on a small (36" wide x 36" high) bookshelf type piece. If I find the lock, I will probably sandwich it between two boards to hide the mechinism except for where the ends of the rods come out.

Round rods would be preferable but flat bars will work too.

George

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have seen them on garage doors. I would think agrisupply would have something like that or be able to tell you where to get it.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, here's a lengthy idea...
Check this out.
http://www.prime-line-products.com/catalog/s.pdf#page=18
I was specifically looking at the "drawer and cabinet locks" if you scroll down 1 page.
Home Depot caries the Prime-Line brand products. They're on a display in the aisle with the cabinet hardware and they're carded products with packaging that look like this:

You could make your own piece that goes on the back along with your own rods and guides (for the far ends of the rods) out of brass. It's just a simple piece of flat stock with a square hole that goes on the back.

DavidF

New User
David
I can't find the style lock I'm looking for. Picture the handle/lock on a P/U cap. You twist the handle and there are two bars that extend into the sides and lock the door shut. I have seen this on a smaller scale with a key that you turn, as in a regular lock, for furniture. Basically, you turn the key and the bars extend into mortices on the sides of the opening, pull the key out and the door/panel/drawer is locked. Turn the key and the bars slide back towards center thus freeing the door/panel/drawer to open. I can find the 'rotating' bars where the bars rotate and have a hook at each end that goes around a little peg. This won't work for me. The application I have in mind has to have the sliding/extending bars that go into a mortice. Any good memories out there of where this might be found?

George

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10064&filter=cabinet locks

You could maybe make your own extensions for 47310 model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS