I have GOT to gloat!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I occasionally look at Craigs list for NC & SC, looking for scroll saws. Most of the time I only look at ads that specify Hegner or Hawk saws, or the price listed makes me think that it's likely to be either of these. Well, there was a listing from 10/14 about a scroll saw for a couple of hundred dollars, no brand, but had pictures - it was a Hegner!!! I emailed the person selling the saw about 5 days after it was posted to see if by some odd chance it hadn't sold. Long story short ( about time, right?) - it hadn't sold, and he reduced the price by a little more. We practically stole this saw. The guy had his receipt (though he posted an incorrect amount on the CL ad). He had only used it a few times and didn't have time or interest in learning to use it. In addition to the saw/stand, it has the light and clamp for the light, foot pedal, blades, hundreds of patterns and extra blade clamps! We gladly paid the man and headed home. Needless to say, I'll be putting it through its paces this week!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Congratulations Cathy~!

I am sure you will enjoy it Greatly~!

Oh and Way to be persistant, it helps~!

M

McRabbet

I might be interested in your old saw if you will be selling it ...

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Way to go.
If you decide you don't like it, let me know. I could probably get most of your money back for you... :widea:

JRD

New User
Jim
Cathy,

You were turning out marvelous stuff before, now you ought to be capable of the miraculous!

Congrats

Jim

sawduster

New User
Robert
I love it !! :icon_cheers I do the same thing.I have a perfectly good machine, yet I'm always looking for another one, and will buy one if the price is right :wink_smil Is that part of the scrolling disease I wonder ? :eusa_thin At one time I had 4 scroll saws
Great score ....Happy congratulations :banana:

cskipper

Cathy
I love it !! :icon_cheers I do the same thing.I have a perfectly good machine, yet I'm always looking for another one, and will buy one if the price is right :wink_smil Is that part of the scrolling disease I wonder ? :eusa_thin At one time I had 4 scroll saws
Great score ....Happy congratulations :banana:
I don't know the reason, but I suspect LOML would argue with more than two - lol! The circuit board for the speed control on mine was going to cost almost that much - sometimes you just have to seize the opportunity. One thing I did notice without even plugging it in is that they have changed the table to have a smaller opening at the blade - better than having to tape it as I have been doing. I will have to see where the blower sends the dust - may have to move that adapter from the other saw.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sheeshhhh..:tongue2:..I am so jealous! I really am happy that you were able to get a great deal on a great saw. I keep thinking I should keep my eyes open for another good saw as a backup for when the Dewalt crashes. What I am hoping to find is a Delta Q3 :saw:as a second saw which was discontinued a few years ago. Happy sawdusting Cathy.:tool:

cskipper

Cathy
Sheeshhhh..:tongue2:What I am hoping to find is a Delta Q3 :saw:as a second saw which was discontinued a few years ago. Happy sawdusting Cathy.:tool:

PM me with more information about the G3 (including what you'd consider a good price) and I'll keep my eye out for one. It took several years for me to luck into this one, you just never know when you will find someone who either doesn't know what they have or don't value it as you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS