I have a great wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HERIJOBR

New User
RICK
I really do have a great wife she never complains about my woodworking projects. she supports me in every way she evens takes on alot of my responiblities around the house to give me more shop time and never fusses about me buying new tools. Now she is starting some of her own woodworking projects and i'am teaching her how to use some of my tools. She seems to really have a talent for it.:wsmile:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That is great - you get shop time and now she is learning how to do the things you have learned - I have a great wife also - she doesn't say one word about my shop time - I wish I could get her to let me bring my scroll saw into the extra bedroom - it is getting cold in my little unisulated shop - I told her that I would be in the house more :gar-Bi Didn't work:icon_scra

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
It's great when your wife can take an interest in your woodworking. Mine will help me with larger assemblies or to unload the truck. She’s pretty good about the tool buying but I have to do a lot of convincing! What would we do without these great women?

Red

MichaelCurtis

New User
Michael
MY wife even helped design my workshop (she's a draftsman by trade). She's supportive of my shop time and serves as my artistic director on a lot of my projects. It would be great if she spent some time in the shop with me but that is where she draws the line. Truthfully, it might be better if she didn't. I love her dearly but I'm a believer that couple needs some individual time and this is my individual time and her's too I suppose.

sawduster

New User
Robert
It would be great if she spent some time in the shop with me but that is where she draws the line. Truthfully, it might be better if she didn't. I love her dearly but I'm a believer that couple needs some individual time and this is my individual time and her's too I suppose.

+1 :icon_thum We are a team but at the same time we are each individuals with varied interests. I am a firm believer in the fact that you grow together by growing individually. Debra is my biggest fan and, more importantly, a trusted critic. No scrolled portrait ever gets cut without her final approval on the pattern :mrgreen: When I do a craft show she works tirelessly in the prep and actual business of the day

I am grateful for her trust and support

Thanx for sharing bro .......it is always nice to here about the good stuff :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I think there are lots of us that are fortunate in this category!
I'd support her in every way and encourage her interest in woodworking.
Robin's interest spawned several nice purchases. Some for her, some for me, but the best are the ones for US!
I love our together shop time and honestly enjoy being together in the shop more than when I'm there alone.

cskipper

Cathy
I think it's wonderful that she is starting to learn wwing. I did convince LOML to let me put my scroll saw in the spare room. I put a carpet protector under the saw which gathers most of the dust and makes keeping the area clean. The upside for him is that I'm closer than I'd be working in the shop in the evening. Other than the obvious upside for me (warmth, convenience), I feel safer being in the house than down in the shop because I often scroll at odd hours at night and very early mornings (I seem to remember what sleep felt like). Even when we are working in the shop we don't often work "together". We visit, and share ideas, but I have my own part of the shop, and he has his. When I need the "big" tools I have LOML help me until I learn how to use the tool, or feel in need of a refresher.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Thanks for sharing Rick. :icon_thum I also have a great wife. She has done nothing but fully support me in every area of my life since we met. I haven't known another woman like her since my Grandmother passed away. Christy is my inspiration. Every day I work as hard as I can to be the best that I can be, and it's all because of her. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS