I guess I'll make it official and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
So, my name is Marvin Watkins. I live in Hillsborough and have been a member of this community (NCWW) since 2005. I joined NCWW because of my involvement in the Triangle Woodworkers Association (TWA).

I got into woodworking in 1998 as a result of a kitchen remodel that I was undertaking with my girlfriend/fiance/wife. Yes, it took that long and we still got married. I think that if a couple can survive the guy teaching the woman how to wallpaper a bathroom, you can survive anything.

I had my early interest fed by Roy Underhill, Norm Abram and the like on PBS.

Shortly after we got married in '99, my wife bought me a tablesaw to build a bookcase base-cabinet that we could not find anywhere to order. She has been enabling my sawdust-generating habit ever since. Unfortunately, the time available to make sawdust can get pretty scarce when you are starting a family.

After many years of helpful woodworkers and informative classes and sometimes just plain stubornness, I can somehow manage to make something useful, other than kindling, when I put my mind to it. You folks have probably seen some of my latest posting on projects I am working on.

I still consider myself new to the craft. I've just been 'new' for a lot longer than most other new-bees.

Thanks everyone for you feedback, inspiration and informative posts over the years.

God bless and Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS