I finally found one

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I'm here in southern IL, yesterday I was walking along a creek bed at my sons and there it was, fallen over from the flood this spring, a big old box elder :) I grabbed my chainsaw and waded down into the creek to cut it loose from the rood ball. It has some really awesome streaks of red showing on the cross cuts. So I bucked 3 8' logs and grabbed the bobcat, 200' foot of chain and skidded them up the bank then I picked them up and set them over by the sawmill. I'll be sawing them tomorrow. I've been searching for the allusive red sneaked box elder in NC for a long time, I can't wait to make some personal stash box elder lumber tomorrow. I'm sorry I didn't snap any pics, I left my cell phone in the house.

For those who have not seen red streak box elder, here's what I've been looking for, for a long time ---> http://hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/box%20elder.htm

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
WOW... I can see why you have been looking for this wood for some time. It's gorgeous!

We look forward to seeing the picks!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Sorry man, no pics, didn't happen :nah: you could, however , get around this by sending some to me and Fred and not only will we vouch fer ya, we'll also take some pictures :gar-Bi

....hey, what are friends for man ? :rolf:

Flute Maker

Mike
User
What does the tree look like ???? Dont know if Ive ever seen one . I have bought some gorgeous wood from Powder Creek Sawmill though

Glennbear

Glenn
Very cool Jeff, you were fortunate to find a tree with streaking. :icon_thum The vivid colors can be even more appreciated since they are in an AMERICAN tree as opposed to another colorful species that came from an endangered far away rain forest. :wsmile:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
If you have any lengths you do not want, I am sure some of us will jump at the chance to help you make floor space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS