Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Flatheadfisher started the following thread:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f87/getting-out-fishing-18296/

I soft deleted it. In a PM I told him we had no issues with him posting a classified stating simplity stating fishing equipment to trade for wood and wood working equipment. I also told him he could start a new thread about getting out of hunting and fishing but no lists.

Anyone disagree?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: I deleted this thread FOLLOW_UP

I heard back from Michael. I pointed him to the Classified AD rules. He was fine with the delete.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Actually, I don't think this one violates the spirit of the rules. he wants to trade for ww tools, so in my mind, it is OK. When the policy was crafted, this case was not intended to be banned. The Classifieds software doesn't work to well for this kind of thing, so I would restore the thread and posts and then move it ww related other topics forum or member announcements.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Scott, just an additional point. You did exactly the right thing. You saw that you thought was wrong and soft deleted it. I don't want any moderator to worry about doing things wrong.

Just in this case I think we probably interpreted the policy to the word, but not the spirit

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, no problem. Things are seldom black and white and I think the team of moderators and administrators do a great job of talking through these situations.

I sent Michael a PM. I asked if he wanted me to restore the post or if he wanted to start a new one. I will let everyone know his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS