Hybrid table saws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi Gentlemen,

In reference to the Sears Hybrid saws. I just purchased the Craftsman Professional 10" Table saw Item# 00922124000. It took me 8 months to decide between all the major saws on the market and finally decided to go with this type saw. I like the Biesemeyer fence system for one thing. I think it's very important that you purchase a good saw if you plan on doing serious woodworking. As I have said many times "Go first class or stay at home" That doesn't mean that there are not other good saws on the market. There are. This was just my prefence.

I also purchased the Craftsman 12" Band Saw a month later which I have not had a chance to assemble yet. Sears Item#009822400000. I also studied other bands but chose this one. I have to buy one piece at a time but I am getting there. Good luck on your choices!
Terry

Big Daddy

New User
Big Daddy
Thanks, Terry. Please keep me posted on your opinion about the Craftsman as you put some hours on it. I'm probably 90 days from "throwing down" so I am still in the high season of research.

Also, can you say specifically what bent you toward the C-man and away from the Grizzly? These are my two finalists at this time, unless I can score a big used cabinet saw in the same $ range.

Do you mind if I ask what kind of foldin' money it took to bring that baby home?

R

rickc

Terry, my experience was that once I completed all of that research, bought my saw and got it assembled - the best part was how much I enjoyed that first cut! I agree with your statement about what is best for you. Once the decision is made, then the REAL fun begins!

Once thing I would suggest though - put the icing on the cake and invest in a good blade. Most people say a lot of good things about the Freud and Forrest blades. You put quite a bit of effort into the selection, and not knowing what the stock blade is, you might want to consider the upgrade.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Rick,

I have been a freud freak for years. That was the first thing I did before the saw was ever turned on so I could enjoy that first cut. I just purchased the new Dial-A-With Stached Dado Set SD608 from freudtools.com.

Hope I made your day! Thanks Rick!

Terry

R

rickc

Terry - I sincerely appreciate you NOT asking how I came to learn THAT lesson!! :roll:

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
rcorne01 said:
Terry - I sincerely appreciate you NOT asking how I came to learn THAT lesson!! :roll:

I know how you learned, because I learned the same thing. "Experience are the mistakes we made yesterday!" Terry

DavidF

New User
David
Probably a little late but, yes, I do have the dewalt 746 with sliding table and 52" rails. Great saw, true straight out of the box, even the mitre gage end stops were spot on. Motor has been more than powerful enough for everything I've thrown at it. Fence is a dream. Nice saw. Ended up paying approx.$1,500 for the lot. I know nobody even knows where Pittsboro is, but if somebody needs a demo let me know.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi David,

I was in Pittsboro this weekend, Been there many times. Glad you like the DeWalt! :icon_thum

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS