HVAC in Burlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Does anyone do, or can recommend, a reliable HVAC tech in Burlington/Graham ? We have a split-system unit in my late grandmother's house that needs to be checked/serviced. Unit runs fine ( it seems ) but appears to have an airflow restriction somewhere :icon_scra Evaporator and duct work are easily reached in basement. I will be forwarding the info to my dad as he is coordinating this project. Thanx for any and all info :icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Call Earl Godwin at Alamance Heating and Air Conditioning 584-9663. We have been doing business with Earl for years, and as long as he is in business he is the only one we will call. He is a super fellow and will not do them wrong.

If for some reason he can not or does not work on what they have, he will tell them up front and recommend the right people.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Air restriction sounds like either a dirty filter, or low freon charge. Low charge will cause the evaporator to freeze solidly. Tell tale sign for filter is usually ice on the low pressure line going to condenser. If unit is iced up, turn off condenser for 30 minutes, but put fan to the "on" position. If air flow resumes, then that's your problem. If unit is old enough to have a belt driven fan, then belt could be worn, or loose.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Air restriction sounds like either a dirty filter, or low freon charge. Low charge will cause the evaporator to freeze solidly. Tell tale sign for filter is usually ice on the low pressure line going to condenser. If unit is iced up, turn off condenser for 30 minutes, but put fan to the "on" position. If air flow resumes, then that's your problem. If unit is old enough to have a belt driven fan, then belt could be worn, or loose.

air flow at the registers is weak right out of the gate but fan is strong. I'm willing to bet the evap coil looks like a carpet :tongue2: and that may be just the beginning . It could be so worn out and so inefficient that it will need replacing instead of fixing ....it's been there a lot of years. I just don't have time to fool with it :no:
Thanx for the tips bro :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS